Tuesday, January 11, 2011

M8-The Spartan Army

   As the Persian approached me, his spear lowered, he is ready to add another dismembered head to his collection .... Oh, sorry. I guess I should back up. Me and Arson have (luckily) been recruited into the Spartan army. The Spartans were the most highly trained soldiers in Greece. In Sparta, you either train about 30 years to be in the army, or you die. Not much of a choice.
   Unfortunately, we can't use the weapons we brought from the Borderlands. So, just like in Egypt, we modified some spears. Spartan spears are really heavy and strong, so modifying them was pretty hard. But we corrected a few mistakes in ours and added more wood and steel to reinforce them.
   This morning, before the battle, Arson looked like a zombie as he climbed out of his cot and hopped to the floor.
"Get any sleep?" I asked.
"What do you think??" Mumbled Arson irritatedly.
"Sorry." I said.
We got up and had a small breakfast. Then put on our heavy armor, picked up our heavy weapons, and lined up, ready for battle.
   Later, we lined up on the field and prepared to charge the light Persian infantry.
"This is going to be good!" Said a Spartan next to me.
The next moment, we charged the enemy line. The result was chaotic. Persians were running away and desperately trying to protect themselves with their reed shields. Our heavy armor and weapons deflected the Persian weapons and easily sliced through their armor. Wow, I thought, as I threw my spear right into a Persian soldier's chest with a sickening thump, this is easiest battle ever.
   We slaughtered the Persian soldiers, but they fought back. It was a fierce battle, and many soldiers (mostly Persians) were scattered around dead or dying. We, the Spartans and Athenians, won in the end. It was the last battle in the Persian Wars. The only problem, Arson was wounded. 
"Don't die man." I said into his ear as we limped from the battlefield to our hidden ship. "The meds will fix you up when we get to the Destroyer!" When we got to our ship, Arson collapsed. The medics quickly rushed out and I helped them carry him in.
   In an hour or so, Arson painfully climbed out of the healing cube.
"You O.K.?" I asked.
"I sure as heck hope so!" Arson said sleepily.
"Hmmmm." I said as we walked to our sleeping quarters.
"Well, g'night." I said.
"G'night" He said as he shut the door.

6 comments:

  1. I really liked how you said Gnight instead of goog night

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you went to a battle. It is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you talked about the war in the beginning and then, went back and told us what had happend before the battle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like that I was badly wounded.:(

    ReplyDelete