Today I have to go to the ancient city of Mohenjodaro. Right now, we are hiding our ship 9.37462849 miles away from Mohenjodaro. We're just out of sight. We are are very lucky to have a incredibly advanced computer on board the B.L.S. Destroyer. As we walk into the city, we see a giant body of water.
"Wow, that is one big pool," I say as we walk toward a little shop on the corner.
"I think it's the Great Bath," Arson says as we push back the curtains and go into the shop.
"Whoa," whispered Arson, "there's a vile smell in this shop. And look at all that ivy!! I'm never coming here again!"
"Whatever. Hey, look at that row of knives!" I say as I walk over to the display. "I gotta have one!"
"Oh," said the shopkeeper who apparently had snuck behind me, "I don't sell knives. You will have to go over to another shop."
Since there was nothing besides animal insides at that shop, we moved on to the next thing on our agenda.
"Look at that!" Arson said as a slave carried a dish of liver and veal with gravy past us. "I guess slavery hasn't been abolished here."
"Let's see, the next thing we have to do is attend a event at the Great Bath," I said as we passed a restraunt.
"Mmmmmmmm. I can just smell that viper!" Says Arson.
"Uh, Arson, they don't eat snakes in India. They worship them," I say as we walk into the city square.
"Oops. I was holding the tourist map upside down. I don't want any comments from you, by the way," says Arson irritably as we enter the changing room.
We change and hop into the pool, or "Great Bath", and splash around.
"Hey," I say, "didn't that pole used to be above water?"
"You're just imag- wait a minute. You're right!" Says Arson. "The water is flooding the city!!! Let's get out of here!!!"
We grab our clothes and run as fast as we can out of the city as fast as we can. Some people look our way with a quizzical expression on their faces, but we ignore them and run on.
Later, after escaping the flood, we board the ship and use our binoculars to view the city. All we can see are the big flat tops of the Asiatic buildings and a bunch of debris floating around inside the citadel. We don't know where the citizens are, and I don't think any of us want to know.
Okay, that's enough.I'm going to get my first mate, a big bulky man named Smith, to take over for me when I go to sleep.That's it....for now.
Why is Arson always trying to eat snakes?
ReplyDelete