So that's it then. We have
traveled around the Ancient World (Egypt, Greece, Rome), the Medieval
World (Europe, Japan, Africa, the Americas), and even a few trips to
some random places. Our time in employment of TTI will
officially end at 12:34 P.M. on June 13th, 2012.This seems unreal. Me and my loyal crew have been with TTI for a little over two years. I don't know what I will do after these marvelous adventures, and I am sure that I will miss all of the people I have met in this business. But if I want to live I must move on, perhaps become some awesome conqueror in Ancient Rome, or a dominant lord in Medieval Europe, but I think I will just go home. Lots of wars and battles on my home planet have past since my leave, and the constant radio contact with my family had been terminated a while ago. Still, I wonder what it will be like without any time traveling...
I think I have found the perfect way to combine time traveling with my Martian home. It's actually very simple. We just go back in time and change the future by eliminating all of the enemy leaders, then we win the Eternal War and gain control over the whole Alpha, Bravo, Echo, and Fox Sectors. Plus it will only take a while to clean out the vermin in the several other sectors, and the Home Army will have control of a vast amount of resources, strongholds, and of course, planets.
I take the Aarwolf into deep space, shutting down the warp engines so we can slip past the hidden Orbital Line, a huge amount of hidden AS (anti-space) guns that will eliminate any possible threat that shows signs of advanced technology. With expert piloting, I steer towards the location of the hidden hangar doors. And with a few scans of the area and a couple lines of code, the huge red Ecometal-infused doors open. The ship comes to a smooth stop on the polished landing platform, and the airlocks immediately open. I walk out first, ERR (Energy Repeating Rifle) drawn, and for good reason. Every where I look there is evidence of an extreme battle! What worries me, however, is that there are NO bodies. I shudder as I recall tales of dreaded Martian diseases released from nuked biological weapons facilities. There are many other tales of mysterious dissapearences lately, and it could be any range of things. From flesh eating space-slugs to invisible bandits. For the first time in a long while, I am scared. I am scared for my tribe, buried in the dirt, or maybe still walking the dark halls.
Minutes later I am hiding in the vents as the gray skinned, knife wielding, bloodied mutants ran at top speed along the halls. My team is either dead or back at base, and I am alone. There are so many of them, the numbers only seem to increase whenever I manage to kill one. I creep along the vents, looking in the rooms as I go. All I find is bloody puddles and mutants.
"Oh God." I whisper as I find the shaft to my room. No matter how hard I try, I am drawn to my families quarters. I brace myself as I look through the grate and.......the room is empty. I shake with anger and fear, my knuckles white on the handle of my weapon. I kick the grate open with one swift move and ready my ERR. The minute a humanoid object is uncovered, I start firing. The bolts of high caliber energy shells streak toward the mutants. As the bolts hit home, there are screams of anger and a mad rushing, but they fell quickly. I ran over and surveyed the scene. The only thing I saw was a teddy bear lying in the hall, then everything went black.
No comments:
Post a Comment