I was very groggy when I awoke at my base in the Borderlands. And I can't say I'm looking forward to the future, aside from Mr. Bon Appetite, our chef, making breakfast.But I have to... go investigate the past. So today I got a pass from the High Command to visit my house and tell my family goodbye. My wife and kids were eagerly awaiting me, for we aren't allowed to go home at all during duty. I walked up the steps and dreaded what I was going to have to say.
"I have to leave soon." I told them, "And I won't be back for a while." My wife looked saddened, and my kids started crying.
"Don't worry," I whispered in their ears,"I will be all right, besides, uncle Arson's coming with me." And with that, I sadly kissed them for what might be the last time, and left.
"Daddy left." I heard my son say as he walked in the house,behind his sister, holding his mother's hand. Bye, I thought, I hope I see you again. Then I waved, climbed in the army truck, and drove away.
Hours later, the truck dropped me off at the airport. I slid out and made my way to the dock, where the B.L.S. (Border Lands Ship) Destoyer was docked. As the engines loudly started, I took one last look at the beautiful landscape I call home. When minutes later, safely strapped into my anti-gravity boots, I met Arson at the viewport.
"Here we go, to Egypt right?"I asked him. He nodded. "I thought so." Our planet disappeared as we started the time warp engines, and flew away.
That made me cry... :(
ReplyDeleteNice.Its almost like your watching a sad movie full of action and excitement.
ReplyDeleteyour blog is so cool i might barf all over you.
ReplyDeleteYa weird recon dude, I'm awesome.
ReplyDeleteNice job brother, the emotions and drama are awsome, it almost made me cry.:(:)sad and happy.
ReplyDeleteClever use of Bon Appetite! Well done.
ReplyDelete