"Current location is Europe 1000 c.e., 30 clicks west of Europe. Ship is submerged and cloaking device is activated. Preparing expedition into Medieval Europe." I close the ships log after a couple sentences because I want to get going. I'm bringing my vicious War Wolf Calcifer along with me. The Borderlands Piranha I'm leaving on the ship. And The Monkey died last Tuesday from mysterious reasons (probably poisoned by everyone). Nobody really cares though. It was annoying anyway.
Anyway, me and my spec ops task force of about ten SFSTs (Special Forces Shock Trooper) are heading out to investigate Europe in the year 1000 c.e. The buzzing and groaning of the ship's rear door opening is always a welcoming sound. The B.L.S. Destroyer is an old girl, but the rust helps Camouflage us from other warships and she still works fine. As we step into the little submarine, I wave goodbye to Arson who will go on a separate mission later. As we get close to shore, our sub is thrown around in the rough surf. It is the English Channel, so we probably shouldn't be complaining.
As we step onto the barren beach, the soft sand squishes under our boots. I taste the salty sea breeze and sling my recon pack over my shoulder. "Let's go!" I say to the shock troops as we trudge off the beach and into the forest. I smell the pine trees. It's a welcoming change from the beach and the ship. In the distance, I here a loud bang and the sound of carts and voices. "We must be nearing the city. Turn on your Camouflage." I say. We all reach for our wrists and turn the cold metal dial. Bzaaaap! We look at each other in amazement. All six of us look like average medieval peasants. "Let's go!" I yell before pausing in amazement, my voice has changed! The Camoflouge can change our voices to sound like the locals and make it so we could understand them! I make a mental note to thank Signor Volpe for all the best time traveling tech money can buy.
The medieval city looks really weird! The buildings are narrow and about four stories tall. Some were even leaning into the houses adjacent from them! I didn't even know that was possible. Wood is really flexible. Anyway, we moved down the lane and hid in a alley way to report. "We have inflintrated the town and are moving toward the objective." I say through the radio headset. "Good. Destroy the evidence and report back to base camp." Says the robot commander as we start moving back into the busy city street.
As we move toward the abandoned supply depot on the outskirts of the city, a group of about five armed, rugged and vicious looking rogues stops us and asks for our identity and badge of clearance. Not even knowing what these guys wanted, I know that we won't be able to move past without a fight. I raise my fist and within seconds the rogues are lying dead on the road, each one with a knife in his torso. We press on, trying to ignore the fresh smell of dirty blood. A couple minutes later, all of the patrols are hidden in the bushes dead. We near the abandoned buildings doors and throw them open to find....the objective. A large metal bin with a damaged control panel. This had fallen to earth and I was using this as an extra mission to go along with my TTI mission. We are about to destroy a prototype nuclear detonation device, preventing the humans from accidentally targeting their own planet and blowing half of it up. Carefully, my team places charges while I get the detonation equipment ready. "DETONATE!!" I yell as we run out and the building behind us caves in and explodes in fire. "I hope this doesn't burn down the city" I say as we run out of the gates and back to our ship and camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment