Friday, December 2, 2011

M3-Play Attack

     Hmmmm.... I guess I might as well pursue a career in acting. I've been invited to perform in an animated mystery play with my great friend Paul Shniz in Medieval Rome, Italy. Apparently, a mystery play is a play which tells the stories of the Bible. I'm not much into human religion, but it can't hurt to try this. After all, this is our TTI mission. Anyway, I'm supposed meet Paul in an alleyway behind the blacksmith shop. The market place is open this time of year in the main square for the harvest, and farmers have set up. I'm excited to see if the farmers have any good food. It's nice to know that Rome has recovered from it's terrible and violent destruction years earlier.
"C'mon Arson," I say. "Drop me off at Rome."
     A couple hours later, I am waiting in the market and see a hooded figure disappear into a alleyway. Wait...That's the blacksmith shop!! I think it's Paul. I start walking toward the alley and stop at the entrance. I'm about to say hi when the figure crumples to the ground. I stare at the motionless body for a minute, then look up. I'm shocked. I see Paul holding a huge black pistol.
"That was easy!" Paul exclaimed. I just stood there with my mouth hanging open. Finally, he looks up at me.
"Hi Paul." I say, still stunned by the man on the ground.
"Hi Will. How are you doing?" He replies.
"Well, I'm wondering why you hit that guy. Is he dead?"
"I'm not sure. Wait, look at his belt."
"Let's take the loot and turn him in to the soldiers for a reward! Then we get double the money!"
"We can put the loot in my Humvee."
"Alright, good plan."
"Let's hurry. While I was coming over to the alley, I heard that the Byzantines might attack this city..."
     When we arrive at the city square, we see the big stage set up next to the guild. Unfortunately, the Byzantines attack us right before we set up. They rush onto the stage and draw their swords. I quickly kick one in the stomach and grab his sword before slamming him off the stage. The others quickly rush up and and I hold them off with the sword before Paul hands me a stolen spear and shield. One by one they rush up until finally they realize they're getting beaten, then a horn sounds and hundreds of them pour out onto the street and advance toward us.
"Crap." I say as the first wave approaches with spears drawn and shields in an impenetrable wall.
"My words exactly!" Says Paul.
"Hey, did you notice that they seem to be watching us?" I ask Paul.
"I think they think that this is part of the play." He says.
"Oh." I say as the Byzantines finally reach us and charge.
SLAM!!! SHING!! CRASH!!!!! The familiar sounds of battle are music to my ears. This triggers my battle reflex, and suddenly I'm weightless. Floating in a sea of swords and spears and Roman Legionaries. Relaxing. Anyway, death is a swirling cloak around me as I savagely cut through the lines of Byzantines.
     Finally, after a while, they overpower us and tie us up. They march us up to their commander, an upright, skinny, peevish looking man with long black hair and a moustache. Before he can speak, we kick the guards in the stomaches and pulle a knife to the leader's throat. He orders them back and we pull him into a secluded room. After binding him in the ropes we escaped from, we decide to get out of this doomed city. And fast, as Paul has a broken arm and I have a mutilated leg. I call in the Destroyer, even though the giant ship would be a unique sight in the city, and they arrive.
     As we pass over the flaming city, I can make out the forms of hundreds of dead citizens and thousands of Roman Legionaries. Rome has fallen again. This time to it's former masters.
"Let's go Arson" I say. And the Destroyer quickly enters time mode and warps away.

3 comments: