![]() |
| Map of Swaziland |
Finally! A break from the constant warfare! We are going to take a break and finish a TTI mission at the same time, and that's a safari. All we do is take pictures and describe what we see while being chauffeured around the country. I'm so happy!!
I hope we don't tangle with any angry lions, but that's not the thing to think about right now. I emerge from my thoughts and, for the first time, gaze upon the beauty of the natural earth.
| An elephant having a swim |
"Wow..." I say in awe as we pass glittering pools of water and the colossal, sodden elephants swimming in them. I couldn't believe it. Lush green, glittery blue and rich brown as far as the eye can see. For a second, I ponder if Mars used to look anything like that in the Ancient Times, but I soon dismiss it as a wild hope.
"RUNNNN!!!!!!!" The tour guide yells as the pride of lions run closely behind the truck.
![]() |
| A pride of lions hunting |
"I totally knew this would happen!" I say as I pull out a Gatling gun and attach it to the back of the truck. Rat-rat-rat-rat-rat-rat-rat!! The gun spews out deadly bullets behind us at the attacking lions. A few minutes later, the pride is gone and we go back to relaxing.
"I don't know what happened," says the tour guide in a bewildered tone, "they never attack humans. I wonder what got into them..." I am not about to tell this guy that we aren't humans, so I just nod and continue the safari.
![]() |
| "Bushmen" hunting |
The guide is chatting about the history of Swaziland as we pass by the scenic views.
"In the 1800s, Swaziland formed an alliance with the British settlers instead of fighting against them." Ya, interesting. Not like I interviewed a city about this stuff. As the guide talks and talks we take in the scenery. I wonder if there is a "bushmen" tribe out here. But they typically live in remote places, and Swaziland seems to small and forested to have any real remote areas. I sit and think what it would be like to live in this world without Internet or anything really high tech. Hunting, farming, and living in mud huts like humans did "back then". It's very interesting that there are still some of these people out there, who survive by their wits and weapons.
We arrive back at Mbabane at about 6:00 in the evening. After thanking the driver and getting out of the jeep, we pay him a couple hundred dollars (WTF?!?) and set off.
![]() |
| Another breathtaking view of Mbabane |
"He was expensive...." Says Arson as we walk down the street.
"Well, I suppose we were attacked by lions." I replied.
"But didn't we save him?"
"I guess so...but anyway, that was nice!" I try to change the subject. "I didn't know that Earth was so green and beautiful!"
"Ya. I mean, we usually see gray buildings here. And back home it's red and desolate." At the mention of home, I droop a little and loose a hint of happiness. I think of the red soil and dark skies.....but quickly I snap out of it.
"Ya....." I conclude as we walk out of the Swazi capital and into the woods where our ship waits.





These $%#&@ pictures are screwing this post up. I'm glad I fixed most of it...
ReplyDelete