Well, now I'm a gladiator in Rome. I think TTI should make it a rule not to be able to participate in dangerous sports and fights. But whatever, better enjoy it while it lasts! There are teams of two in this "game", so (obviously) me and Arson are on a team. Boy, if we didn't have that virtual training program on the Destroyer, we would certainly be dead by now. Anyway, I don't know what these Romans are thinking! How could they be happy and entertained when hundreds of gladiators are risking their lives every day??? Well, these Romans aren't entirely civilized after all. Uh oh, the guards have come in and are trying to get us out into the arena. This might be goodbye, so give my goodbyes to... Oh wait, you humans don't know how to get to the Borderlands. Oh well, better not die then!
As we entered the arena, we immediately new there was no way to escape without alerting the guards or causing a riot.
"Well buddy," I say to Arson as we walk into the middle of the arena to fight, "this might be the end."
"Oh, shut up! We can take these uglies on!" Said Arson through clenched teeth. He was right for all we new. Unlike us, these guys had minimal training. I mean, they were still trained, but not for as long and as hard as we trained to get into the Borderlandian Army. Even after our years of fighting, me and Arson still don't like to kill as much as you think we do. So now we are standing in the middle of the arena looking at about 4 other pairs of men.
"This will be a piece of cake." I said to Arson as the first guy started running at us.
"Very." And with that, we went to work. The carnage was more grizzly than ever. Partly because these guys fought like wild animals, and partly because we only got short swords and daggers.
I threw my dagger at he first guy that came up to me and it landed in his chest with a sickening thunk. All around me I heard clanging and screaming. I was so engaged with trying to kill the guy in front of me that I didn't notice the invisible assassin creep up behind me with a dagger in his hand. The only reason that I'm still alive is because when I dodged the gladiator's blade it skewered the assassin behind me. That was all I saw before the fist crashed into the back of my skull and everything went dark.
The rest will be explained in the next mission.
ReplyDeleteNice climax at the end! I want to read the next one!
ReplyDeleteGood, that was a great cliffhanger.
ReplyDeleteI like how you told us what happened in the beginning of the Gladiator duel.
ReplyDeleteIt is good to know that you and Arson don't like to kill as much as I think you do.
ReplyDelete